London

London
Settling back to reality in October took awhile :) Europe trip was amazing in August and September. First stop, London! I have not crossed The Fat Duck on my list as yet, but I will endeavour to visit it during my next trip, fingers crossed! Heston Blumenthal's three-Michelin starred restaraunt, was voted Best Restaurant in the UK and received perfect score 10/10 every year since 2007 by The Good Food Guide.

I had a taste of Malaysia at Rasa Sayang in Chinatown, 5 Macclesfield Street. The nearest public  transport are Leicester Square or Piccadilly Circus underground tube lines. Their lunch specials are reasonably priced, typical Malaysian favourites like laksa, nasi lemak, char kuey teow, Rasa Sayang ayam goreng special (fried chicken) were among the selections. If you are craving for a hot drink, nothing is more perfect than a teh tarik on a cold day in London! Teh tarik means "pulled tea", it is a hot Indian milk tea beverage.
I would recommend their freshly made giant Onde Onde, a pandan flavoured glutinous dough, filled with liquid palm sugar and rolled in desiccated coconut. A hot tip, you may wish to sink your teeth into them with caution as the liquid palm sugar could end up on the other end of the table or someone if you are dining with company :) 
It was a quick three day trip in London, but thoroughly enjoyed the sightseeing eg Tower of London, Wesminster Abbey, Big Ben, Kensington Park and the Science Museum.













Comments

  1. You were in London? Should have let me know!!
    I always go to Rasa Sayang whenever we crave Msian food. Next time when you drop by please let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Steph! I was indeed a quick 3 day trip, I stayed at Paddington, Tune Hotel, was pretty new and convenient for Heathrow Express, and public transport :) Will definitely let you know the next trip am there :) xx Hope all are well at home.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts